Seresto Cat Collar Reviews – How Do These Collars Stack Up?
Looking for Seresto cat collar reviews? Today we look at the Seresto cat collar. We will help ensure you can decide if a Seresto collar is right for your pet.
Are you still buying flea collars from the supermarket? Sick of finding fleas the size of small animals on your pet when they have a collar around their neck? Perhaps you have tried other brands and found that flea collars haven’t quite worked? It may just be the type of product you’ve purchased given that not all collars are the same!
Maybe it’s time to upgrade to the magic that is the Seresto Cat Collar.
How does a Seresto Collar work?
The Seresto collar for cats is an 8-month collar that has sustained release technology. This innovation releases the active ingredients over an 8 month period. Simply apply the collar and the active ingredients are released into your cat’s fur and skin. Using your cat’s natural oils they are distributed across your entire pet, ensuring complete protection that lasts.
What are the active ingredients of the Seresto Cat Collar?
The Seresto collar contains two main active ingredients (insecticide based) that work together to fight fleas and ticks. The first, Imidacloprid, works to kill flea larvae and adult fleas, which helps break the life cycle of the flea. The second ingredient, Flumetherin is an ingredient that works to kill and repel ticks. It targets the younger stage of the tick (called the nymph) and the tick larvae.
These two ingredients are highly effective in combatting flea and tick infestations.
How Long Do Seresto Collars Take To Wo
The active ingredients in the Seresto collar are designed to work quickly and efficiently, and your pet is fully protected within 24 hours of application. New infestations, that is new fleas or ticks that find your cat, are completely treated within just hours of coming into contact with your cat.
Seresto Cat Collars vs Store Bought Flea Collars
The Seresto Collar for Cats
- The Seresto collar kills fleas and ticks extremely quickly, in as little as 2 hours for fleas and ticks within just 6 hours. This is a critical factor as it is vital that pests are killed before they are capable of laying eggs which can occur in just 24 hours. Ticks need to be killed quickly to avoid the transmission of disease.
- The Seresto Collar leaves no residue and is completely odorless.
- The Seresto Cat Collar provides protection that is long lasting – up to 8 months of protection, killing more than 90% of fleas right to the very end of its useful life.
Store Bought Collars
- One major difference between a Seresto Collar and a product bought through the supermarket is that the cheaper store bought collars repels and does little else. The item may repel instead of killing them which is a problem (click here to read about how do flea collars work). If they do kill them, it is likely to only affect the immediate location of the collar (the neck) and happen much more slowly.
- Other flea collars typically leave a white powdery residue on both the animals and your fingers and have an overpowering odor.
- Most other flea collars only provide three months of protection with the quantity of fleas killed decreasing dramatically as time passes.
Why is the Seresto Cat Collar the best flea collar for cats?
- Quick working – The Seresto collars begin acting immediately after application, and your pet is covered within 24 hours.
- Waterproof – A Seresto Cat Collar maintains its effectiveness regardless of exposure to rain, water, or shampoos, making it effectively waterproof.
- Quick Release mechanism – a unique break away release mechanism releases the collar from the neck if a pet is trapped or caught in something.
- Reflector clips – Reflectors can be applied to help with visibility of your pet during night.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Seresto Collar for Cats?
- 8-month protection – the Seresto Cat Collar provides protection from flea and ticks for eight months, longer than any other product on the market. This makes it a set and forget product – just put the collar on, and it will provide exceptional protection. Putting a reminder on your calendar to change it in 8 months time, will ensure complete coverage year round!
- Money saving – the Seresto Cat Collar can save you money in comparison to equivalent flea and tick preventatives such as Frontline. The cost averages around $75 for a year of flea protection. Other leading alternatives can be twice the price, making the Seresto collar more affordable.
- Collars are effective when worn correctly. Flea and Tick prevention is lost if the collar is removed. Check your cat regularly in the first days of wear to ensure they haven’t removed it.
- The Seresto Cat collar may not be as useful with longer hair breeds.
- If exposed to water too often, the collar can lose effectiveness. Pets should not be bathed more than once per month to ensure long lasting effectiveness.
Where can you buy the Bayer Seresto Flea Collar for Cats?
Customers can buy this collar from a licensed Veterinarians. If you require further information regarding this product, please consult your veterinarian. If you buy a Seresto collar through your veterinarian, you may be eligible for a Seresto Rebate. Purchase must be between the available dates to be eligible.
Things to consider:
- Please ensure you read the product information insert that comes with the product before use.
- Please place two fingers between the collar and the neck of the pet to ensure the cat or cat collar is not too tight.
- Wash your hands after handling and flea and tick prevention product
- If your animal is still scratching, despite their flea and tick collar, you should consult your veterinarian about other possible diseases. For example, sarcoptic mange induces scratching but flea collars are ineffective.
Given their long-term eight month longevity and effectiveness, the Seresto Cat collar is the best on the market. There are many options available to you when it comes to flea and tick prevention. Topical treatments are useful, however, if you are looking for a low maintenance, highly efficient method, the Seresto Collar may be the choice for you compared to different products.
Seresto cat collars kill fleas and ticks. They are suitable for kittens and older cats (click here for information regarding Seresto for an older cat and puppies)
Simply set a reminder in your calendar or on your phone to change the collar every eight months and then your cat will have long-lasting flea and tick protection, without the fear that you might forget their treatment.
Before using, ensure that your pet is comfortable wearing a collar and the collar has not become irritating to them. If your pet does not experience sensitivity, the product should be a simple option for you. It is by far the best flea collar for cats.
Seresto Cat Collar Reviews from our Customers
Would you like to leave a review to have displayed on our website? Please fill in the form below: